[bestbits] Update on IGF Best Bits meeting and registration now open

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Tue Oct 6 14:28:45 EDT 2015

On 29/09/2015 3:57 pm, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
> Confirming the previous "save the date", we are happy to confirm that
> there will be a Best Bits meeting in João Pessoa
> <http://bestbits.net/events/best-bits-2015> on the day prior to day 0
> of the IGF (November 8th).  For those arriving early enough, we will
> also have a no host dinner on the 7th (dinner venue TBC).  If you plan
> to attend the meeting, please register now, and we will be in touch
> with further details as plans progress.  All self-identified members
> of civil society are welcome.
>
> The venue is the Xênius Hotel <http://www.xeniushotel.com.br/>, which
> is mid-way along the João Pessoa beach strip, and therefore probably
> about equally in/convenient to most of those who will be attending the
> IGF.  If you do not already have a hotel and if you do not expect
> luxury, a limited group booking of rooms at USD$36 per night at this
> hotel is available.  Please email me privately to indicate if you
> require this after registering (note that no travel or accommodation
> support is currently available).

So far I have only received requests for two rooms - I imagine many
people have already booked accommodation elsewhere, but does anyone else
need rooms at the Xênius?  If not I will confirm those two with the hotel.

Also a reminder to provide your inputs and to volunteer for sessions at
the meeting:

> A tentative agenda, which remains open for change, has been suggested
> and can be found at the event website
> <http://bestbits.net/events/best-bits-2015>.  For those sessions that
> have already been proposed, volunteers are welcome to help contribute
> in various capacities including moderation, speaking, notetaking and
> logistical help.  You can volunteer, propose edits to session
> descriptions, or propose new sessions, at this etherpad
> <http://pad.bestbits.net/igf2015>.

Thanks.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2014/10/09/key_jmalcolm.txt
PGP fingerprint: FF13 C2E9 F9C3 DF54 7C4F EAC1 F675 AAE2 D2AB 2220
OTR fingerprint: 26EE FD85 3740 8228 9460 49A8 536F BCD2 536F A5BD

Learn how to encrypt your email with the Email Self Defense guide:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en