[bestbits] Nominations for IGF closing and opening speakers

Renata Avila renata.avila at webfoundation.org
Sat Oct 24 03:52:56 EDT 2015

I am sadly not attending IGF this year but I will like to nominate Nnenna
for either the closing or opening remarks. As she is well known voice in
Brazil and to Dilma, perhaps she could remind her of her commitments when
they both shared stage at the opening of Net Mundial, to honour those.

I will also like to nominate Paz Peña from Derechos Digitales and Maira
Sutton (if she is attending) from EFF, who has been constantly advocating
to bring the copyright reform and the issues around trade agreements.

I think it will be very encouraging to have as many women from the global
south (as the underrepresented group in all areas in politics, globally)
speaking on behalf of civil society. Our community has such a fine and
active group of women.

I will miss you all,

Renata

Renata Avila

Jabber ID renataavila at jabber.ccc.de - Skype ID renata.avila.pinto

Key: 0xB43D89CA1 Fingerprints C8A2 5CC8 2E10 BEC2 3E86 7E0E 4AFC 981A B43D
89CA

Telephone +49 15252609522

@webwewant  <https://twitter.com/webwewant>

*1110 Vermont Ave NW, Suite 500, Washington DC 20005, USA* *| *
*www.webfoundation.org* <http://www.webfoundation.org/>* | Twitter:
@webfoundation*