[bestbits] Update about João Pessoa Best Bits meeting on 8 November

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Thu Oct 29 06:19:47 EDT 2015

We look forward to seeing many of you next week at the fourth annual
Best Bits pre-IGF meeting in João Pessoa next Sunday, 8 November.

*Registration*

This email is being sent to those who have already registered, and to
those whom I know that plan to be there but who haven't registered yet,
and to the the main Best Bits mailing list for good measure.
Officially, registrations have already closed and the venue has reached
the booked capacity (40 pax); nevertheless if you do still plan to be
there, you have two more days to register so that we can give the venue
a week's notice of the increased numbers.  Registering is a simple
process of visiting http://bestbits.net/events/best-bits-2015/ and
clicking the "RSVP" button on the right.

*Schedule*

Please also take a look at the latest revised schedule, which remains
subject to change.  You can do this by visiting
http://bestbits.net/events/best-bits-2015/ and clicking the "Latest
agenda" tab.  We have had to shift the times back to accommodate an
evening event at the hotel, which means that registration will begin at
8:30am allowing us to commence the proceedings promptly at 9:00am, and
the meeting will end at 5:00pm.  If you would like to volunteer for any
session as a presenter, timekeeper, moderator etc, please let us know.

*Background documents*

Our website includes the facility for any user who has registered for
the meeting to upload background documents for the sessions that they
are participating in.  To save time, we ask that anyone has reviewed
these documents ahead of time.  To save paper, we will not have printed
copies of all of the documents for participants (though copies of some
may be available).  Currently there are four uploaded PDF documents and
one linked document related to the meeting sessions, but more will be
added as the meeting date approaches, so please remember to check back.

*Dinner*

There has been interest in a dinner on the Saturday night before the
meeting.  It will likely be a no-host (ie. user-pays) dinner (unless we
end up with money left over from our budget, which might go into a round
of drinks for everyone).  We are still confirming the time and venue,
but if you would be interested in attending that dinner, please let me
know by email so that I can get an idea of numbers.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Finally I would like to publicly express a note of thanks to Renata
Ribeiro for her logistical help on the ground, without whom this meeting
would have been, if not impossible, at least a lot more difficult!
Thanks Renata.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2014/10/09/key_jmalcolm.txt
PGP fingerprint: FF13 C2E9 F9C3 DF54 7C4F EAC1 F675 AAE2 D2AB 2220
OTR fingerprint: 26EE FD85 3740 8228 9460 49A8 536F BCD2 536F A5BD

Learn how to encrypt your email with the Email Self Defense guide:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en