[bestbits] Idea Rating Sheets from Best Bits João Pessoa meeting

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Mon Nov 23 12:07:02 EST 2015

Here is some more information about the Idea Rating Sheets activity from
the Best Bits João Pessoa meeting.

Apologies that because presentations in the previous session overran
considerably, we couldn't properly complete the Idea Rating Sheets in
the following session.  Nonetheless to my pleasant surprise, even though
we had to compress that activity into less than a quarter of the time
that it was meant to occupy, we still received an amazing 32 ideas.  A
few people were able to rate those ideas using the paper Idea Rating
Sheets before we closed, but for those who didn't, you have the
opportunity to do so using digitised versions that I have uploaded as a
questionnaire here:

http://bestbits.net/limesurvey/index.php?r=survey/index/sid/645723&lang=en

Most of them are ideas for strategies to wrest back control of Internet
policy issues from closed trade negotiations; but a few ideas are on
broader topics (which is fine, because the original plan if we'd had
more time was to seek ideas on a range of Internet governance reforms
and innovations).

This activity was just a taste for an upcoming invitation-only meeting
in Brussels on January 27-28, 2016, at which we will be hosting private
expert dialogue to work on possible reforms to processes of trade
negotiation that bear on these Internet-related issues, that would bring
them in line with norms of transparency and public participation, drawn
in part from the discourse surrounding Internet governance.  If you
would like to apply to participate at this event and believe that you
have expertise to contribute, we welcome you to express your interest.
Some travel funding is available for those in need.  More information
and a registration form for expressing interest in attending are
available here:

https://www.eff.org/event/trade-reform-meeting

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2014/10/09/key_jmalcolm.txt
PGP fingerprint: FF13 C2E9 F9C3 DF54 7C4F EAC1 F675 AAE2 D2AB 2220
OTR fingerprint: 26EE FD85 3740 8228 9460 49A8 536F BCD2 536F A5BD

Learn how to encrypt your email with the Email Self Defense guide:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en