[bestbits] Civil Society Coordination Group - chair and BB representative positions open

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Sat Nov 14 15:10:28 EST 2015

Thanks to those who came to the Best Bits meeting last week.  With all
of the ensuing activity at the IGF, we have not yet managed to put
together a report of the meeting, but this will be sent soon (along with
some photos of the event).

However there is one item that had been on the agenda for the final
session of the day that I neglected to bring up, and this was about the
Civil Society Coordination Group, which is the small group of
representatives of civil society networks in the Internet governance
space that coordinates joint nomination of civil society representatives
for positions such as the IGF MAG.

Since its inception, Ian Peter has been the chair of the CSCG and I have
been the Best Bits representative.  But Ian is stepping down, and I am
also willing to step down, so I would like to invite you to consider any
suggestions for replacements.  The positions are not very demanding in
terms of time, but they can sometimes require you to respond quickly
when a nomination opportunity comes up on short notice.

The chair should be someone who is well organised, can act in a neutral
manner, and has a track record of involvement with the Internet
governance community.  The Best Bits representative should also be
someone who is well connected with the community and whose particular
responsibility will be to liaise with our list about the opportunities
that come up, and to relay and explain our suggestions to the rest of
the CSCG.

If anyone is interested in either of these positions, or would like to
nominate someone else who may be interested, please let me know.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2014/10/09/key_jmalcolm.txt
PGP fingerprint: FF13 C2E9 F9C3 DF54 7C4F EAC1 F675 AAE2 D2AB 2220
OTR fingerprint: 26EE FD85 3740 8228 9460 49A8 536F BCD2 536F A5BD

Learn how to encrypt your email with the Email Self Defense guide:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en