[bestbits] [governance] Call for Participation: Global Congress on Intellectual Property and the Public Interest, 2015

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat May 23 13:24:12 EDT 2015

On Saturday 23 May 2015 10:01 PM, Nick Ashton-Hart wrote:
> +1

Not sure what you are plus-one-ing to, Nick, but if indeed you want to
make a spectacle of it, well fine by me... I was trying a reasoned
discussion on what kind of civil society spaces we need to promote
public interest but you dont seem to be wanting any of it. You are
baying for blood, so as to say.

So, let me ask you, since you are dispensing gratuitous advice on what
should be the nature of civil society, and indeed what is an ok subject
to discuss on the bestbits list, are you a civil society member. Just a
direct question for self identification . Last time I checked BestBits
was a civil society coalition, and while it may be so that we may not
really  be too fussy about people observing proceedings and also maybe
sometimes do a post or too, but you are actually telling how bestbits
group should conduct its business, and I also have seem numerous
comments of a similar kind about the IGC list.

Thanks for the information, and no offense personally. Your example is
quite a good and live one for my discussion on the problematic
construction of civil society spaces in the IG area. I would have tried
to not directly talk about it, just not to hurt anyone, but since you
are pushing the issue hard I dont think I need to have any of such qualms.

Have a good day!

parminder