[bestbits] [governance] Call for Participation: Global Congress on Intellectual Property and the Public Interest, 2015

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Mon May 18 09:34:18 EDT 2015

Dear Ang Peng Hwa,
I am uncomfortable with a word that is defined so often in terms of itself
and yet has become prescriptive.
It is interesting that the Chair's Statement from the Global Conference on
Cyberspace
<https://www.gccs2015.com/sites/default/files/documents/Chairs%20Statement%20GCCS2015%20-%2017%20April.pdf>
managed to avoid using "multistakeholder" and "stakeholder" for the section
on Capacity Building (paragraphs 48-51, pp 8,9)
The "more than 50 shades of greying that keeps academics employed" - well
at least the term is serving some useful purpose? :-)
Best wishes
Deirdre