[bestbits] Final letter to Zuckerberg re: Internet.org

Josh Levy josh at accessnow.org
Mon May 11 16:29:27 EDT 2015

Hi all - we've had some great input from a number of people over the last
few days, and we've incorporated it all into (yet another) draft of our
open letter to Mark Zuckerberg on zero rating, attached.

As you'll see, the substance is mostly unchanged. Here's what we did:

   - Moved some text around to make it flow better
   - Added some language about "equality of opportunity" the problems of a
   two-tiered Internet
   - Fixed a few typos and problems of clarity

We'd like folks to consider this current text as *final *minus any glaring
problems. To allow for more groups to sign (including many in India, who
are just now seeing the final text)
*we're now closing this up tomorrow (Tuesday) at COB EST. *

*Please review the letter and let me know if you can sign*. If your
organization has already signed and is uncomfortable with any changes,
please let me know.

Once this is live, I encourage you to publicize it through social media and
by blog, and to articulate your reason for getting behind the language -
which will also give you an opportunity to voice criticisms not included in
the letter.

Current list of signers below:
AccessGlobalPopular ResistanceUSRootsAction.org
<https://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2FRootsAction.org>USFuture of
Music CoalitionUSOpenMediaCanadaThe Media ConsortiumUSSamuelson-Glushko
Canadian Internet Policy & Public Interest Clinic (CIPPIC)CanadaBits of
FreedomNetherlandsInitiative für NetzfreiheitAustriaIT-Pol
DenmarkDenmarkEuropean
Digital Rights (EDRi)EUColorofChange.org
<https://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2FColorofChange.org>USxnetSpain
The Heliopolis InstituteEgyptZimbabwe Human Rights NGO ForumZimbabweDigital
Rights Foundation PakistanKorean Progressive Network JinbonetSouth Korea
Movimento MegaBrazilInstituto Bem Estar BrasilBrazilVrijschriftNetherlands
Instituto Beta para Internet e Democracia - IBIDEMBrazilThe Agency League
of MusiciansUSDigitale GesellschaftGermanyIntegrating Livelihoods through
Communication Information Technology for AfricaUgandaProtege Qv
CameroonFundacion
KarismaColombia

--
*Josh Levy*
Advocacy Director

tel: + 1 917 609 6523 | @levjoy
PGP: 0x84C9F275
Fingerprint: B56A D510 3142 2364 69C7 3961 A0A3 67A5 84C9 F275

*Join the Access team - *we're hiring <https://www.accessnow.org/about/jobs>!