[bestbits] Demystifying the Onion Router: GV Face Tomorrow with Tor (part of a new Advox series)

Niels ten Oever lists at digitaldissidents.org
Sat May 30 10:14:49 EDT 2015

Dear Willi,

To do this kind of timing attack you will need to have the resources
to monitor large parts of the Internet and/or have control of many Tor
relays and exit nodes.

Even in the NSA slides leaked by Snowden is was confirmed the NSA did
not have the ability to deanonymise Tor traffic.

Would be great to see the research papers where you are basing your
statements on.

As you know the traffic between the different hops on the Tor network
are encrypted, and the different hops are unknown. So I don't know how
you think that having access to an IXP would somehow break encryption
(between the hops) or the anonymity in general.

Best,

Niels