[bestbits] [governance] Multistakeholder (was: UNESCO)

JOSEFSSON Erik erik.josefsson at europarl.europa.eu
Thu Mar 5 04:54:26 EST 2015

Thanks Marcin! I actually think that's Popper's idea[1] too :-)

But then again, Popper never saw a real flamewar on a mailing list!

On the other hand, I think the Romans said that slavery has nothing to do with freedom since suicide is not prohibited.

***

For the academics and policy nerds on the list, I recommend the JURI hearing on administrative procedures in the EU and the US:

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/committees/en/juri/events.html

I think it might help put "internet governance" into perspective.

Best regards.

//Erik

[1] https://www.google.com/search?q="Popper's idea that democracy allows us to change our leaders and laws without violence and bloodshed"