[bestbits] Text of speech - losing remarks at UNESCO Connecting the Dots Conference

Nnenna Nwakanma nnenna75 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:56:29 EST 2015

Connecting the Dots: Options for Future Action

UNESCO headquarters, Paris, France.
Closing Remarks by Nnenna Nwakanma

Africa Regional Coordinator

The World Wide Web Foundation.

March 4, 2015

Deputy Director General
Friends and colleagues
Onsite and online

My name is Nnenna.  I  come from the Internet. And I have been asked to say
a few words to us, as a member of the civil society, before we leave. I
coordinate the activities of the World Wide Web Foundation in my continent,
Africa. The Web Foundation is  that organization that believes that the
Internet is for everyone.  Therefore we work on affordable access to all,
we work on opening up data for participation and  we support  the global
Web We Want Coalition.

I have three things to say.  The first is on the UNESCO study itself.  The
second is on one of the issues raised.  The third is  on where we go from
here.