[bestbits] Fwd: March IANA Stewardship Transition/ICANN Accountability Update

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 14:55:59 EDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Joe Catapano* <joe.catapano at icann.org>
Date: Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Subject: March IANA Stewardship Transition/ICANN Accountability Update

Hi All,
Please see the latest update
<https://www.icann.org/news/blog/vol-2-update-on-iana-stewardship-discussions>from
ICANN on the IANA Stewardship Transition and Enhancing ICANN Accountability
proceeses. I know a good amount of this was covered in last week’s meeting
that Matt hosted. Adding Matt here, as well as Carolina (CR - I had Natalie
on this list, if there is someone else on your staff that is now covering
her beat just let me know) Here are the top–level highlights:

   - The protocol parameters and numbers proposals submitted to the ICG in
   January 2015 have moved into Step 2 of the Proposal Assembly and
   Finalization Process
   <https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/iana-transition-assembly-finalization-24dec14-en.pdf>
[PDF,
   92 KB].
   - The work in the CWG-Stewardship [known informally as “the names
   group”] and CCWG-Accountability have intensified, and both have activated a
   number of specialized teams focusing on specific issues.
   - CWG-Stewardship and CCWG-Accountability will hold face-to-face
   meetings in Istanbul next week.
   - U.S. Senate Committees have questioned witnesses about the IANA
Stewardship
   Transition and its implications for a variety of domestic and international
   issues.

Here are key dates and latest documents as well.
Upcoming key dates19 Mar 2015CWG-Stewardship Meeting #30
<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocwgdtstwrdshp/Meetings>,
11:00-13:00 UTC23-24 Mar 2015CCWG-Accountability Face-to-Face Meeting
<https://community.icann.org/display/acctcrosscomm/In+Person+Attendees>,
Istanbul25 Mar 2015ICG Call #14
<https://www.ianacg.org/upcoming-icg-calls-13th-14th/>, 20:00-21:00 UTC26-27
Mar 2015CWG-Stewardship Face-to-Face Meeting
<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=52890325> (Meetings
#31 & #32), Istanbul18-19 Jun 2015ICG Face-to-Face Meeting, ICANN 53
<https://buenosaires53.icann.org/>, Buenos AiresLatest documents and drafts10
Mar 2015CCWG Accountability - Draft Legal Scoping Document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/132V7P8nmyalhoso7zcevjW3_ox1laXn5JIEH3dDAF3A/edit?usp=sharing>7
Mar 2015CCWG Accountability Stress Test Work Party - Draft 7: Using Stress
Tests to evaluate existing & proposed accountability measures
<http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ccwg-accountability4/attachments/20150307/ec8f82ea/ApplyingStressTestsDraftv7-0001.docx>9
Mar 2015CWG Stewardship - Draft of Principles and Criteria that Should
Underpin Decisions on the Transition of NTIA Stewardship
<http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/cwg-stewardship/attachments/20150309/fb787018/DraftofPrinciples-updated9March-0001.docx>26
Feb 2015CWG Stewardship - Draft Transition Plan version 2
<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/49351404/CWG%20-%20Draft%20Transition%20Plan%20V2.0%20updated.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1425367486000&api=v2>
[PDF,
232 KB]
ICG - Process Timeline version 8
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/5w9jg2bfv6gr7xm/TimelineDiscussion-v8.docx?dl=0>
Let me know if you have any questions and hope all is well.

Regards,
Joe

Joe Catapano

Program Manager, Stakeholder Engagement, North America

+1.202.249.7544 (direct)

+1.202.550.6018 (mobile)

Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

www.icann.org

@JosephCatapano

@ICANN

Facebook.com/icannorg