AW: [bestbits] [governance] Remarks at UNESCO Closing Ceremony of "Connecting the Dots Conference"

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Mon Mar 9 11:05:22 EDT 2015

Hi

I propose that all discussant agree now - after this bizarre wortdsmithing discussion - on Principle 9.1 of the Sao Paulo Declaration which states:

9.INTERNET GOVERNANCE PROCESS PRINCIPLES: 9.1 Multistakeholder: Internet governance should be built on democratic, multistakeholder processes, ensuring the meaningful and accountable participation of all stakeholders, including governments, the private sector, civil society, the technical community, the academic community and users. The respective roles and responsibilities of stakeholders should be interpreted in a flexible manner with reference to the issue under discussion.

It would be good if those CS Groups who had some reservations in Sao Paulo rejoin now the NetMundial Initiative and contribute to the implementation of 9.1.

Wolfgang