[bestbits] Overview of Global IG Events & ICANN 53

Sarvjeet Singh sarvjeetmoond at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 13:00:50 EDT 2015

Dear All,

The Centre for Communication Governance at National Law University Delhi is
working on a project that looks at India's engagement with global internet
governance fora. As part of this, we have drafted a few documents dealing
with various issues of Internet Governance.

A primer on significant global Internet governance events from May 2013 can
be found here
<https://drive.google.com/a/nludelhi.ac.in/file/d/0BwY1OLu_H1ICN3JTaWt2dzdWVVU/view>
. Do let us know if there's anything significant missing.

A background note, drafted by my colleague Arun Mohan Sukumar on ICANN 53 is
available here
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwY1OLu_H1ICSHF2R212bGhmbG8/view?usp=sharing>.
The Indian Minister of ICT delivered an address today at ICANN 53
endorsing multistakeholderism. The entire text of the statement can be
found here
<https://ccgnludelhi.wordpress.com/2015/06/22/text-of-it-minister-ravi-shankar-prasads-remarks-at-icann53/>
.

Lastly, a memo explaining the idea of Fundamental Bylaws under the CCWG
Accountability Proposal and its basis in the Californian law and exploring
the concept of “lifting the corporate veil” in the context of the CCWG
proposal is available here
<https://drive.google.com/a/nludelhi.ac.in/file/d/0BwY1OLu_H1ICWlhHYV9xekVPSmM/view>
.

We welcome your feedback and inputs.

Best,
Sarvjeet

--
Sarvjeet Singh | Project Manager & Research Fellow
Centre for Communication Governance | National Law University, Delhi |