[bestbits] Call for Proposals: Friends of the IGF website & database development

Susan Chalmers susan at chalmers.associates
Fri Jul 31 12:59:35 EDT 2015

Dear everyone,

My small team is running a Request For Proposal process for a new website
and database for http://friendsoftheigf.org - a searchable repository of
IGF videos and transcripts since the first event in Athens.

We have requested funding for this project through the new NETmundial
platform and we are asking for proposals designed around the amount of
100,000USD.

We're looking for expertise in content enrichment and semantic search
especially. We would appreciate it if you could circulate the RFP liberally
through your networks. The due date for proposals is *August 10th*.

The RFP is attached. Please also see the below media release for further
information.

I am happy to answer any questions that you may have on or off list.

Thanks much!

Sincere regards,
Susan

*Call for proposals to renew website and database for the Friends of the
IGF project.*

On behalf of the Friends of the IGF project, Chalmers & Associates
<http://chalmers.associates/> is welcoming proposals from web design and
development teams for a new website and database for the Friends of the IGF
project (FoIGF), athttp://friendsoftheigf.org

The Request For Proposals is available here
<http://www.chalmers.associates/s/FoIGF-RFP.pdf>.

Launched during the IGF2013, the FolGF website is a searchable database of
transcripts, video, agendas, and reports from the annual United
Nations Internet
Governance Forum <http://intgovforum.org/> (IGF), stretching back to the
first IGF in 2006.

The website allows the user to search across IGF sessions by speaker name,
keyword, meeting, day, and other criteria.

Project Lead Susan Chalmers says it is time to take the website to the next
level.

Friends of the IGF is about improving access to the important discussions
at the annual Internet Governance Forum, Ms Chalmers says.

“The present website represents our pilot effort at organizing the content
of IGF discussions over the past ten years into a searchable database. But
opportunities for improvement in several areas remain in order for the
resource to reach its true potential."

“Imagine the possibilities for awareness raising, education, and research
in Internet Governance if one could easily search across the entire record
of the IGF. We could build upon previous discussions much more effectively,
which could help us on the way to build possible solutions to problems at a
faster pace. The FoIGF website has the potential to be an incredible
capacity-building tool.”

“We are looking for a passionate and dedicated team to rebuild the website
and database that hosts the living archive of IGF discussions. We are
appealing in particular to those with backgrounds in semantic search,
content enrichment, and in building archival databases.”

A request for funding for this project of $100,000USD has been lodged with
the NETmundial Initiative, which is developing a platform to facilitate the
public funding of community-based proposals that help create solutions for
Internet governance issues.

The target delivery date for the website is November 2015, in time for the
IGF2015 <http://www.igf2015.br/> in João Pessoa, Brazil.
The proposal deadline is *August 10th.*

*Contact: **Sasha Borissenko, *Corporate and Communications Manager
*sasha [at] chalmers.associates*

Susan Chalmers
susan at chalmers.associates

*CHALMERS* & ASSOCIATES