[bestbits] New Center for Technology, Society & Policy (will accept proposals for short-term collaborative projects in the fall)

Becky Lentz roberta.lentz at mcgill.ca
Thu Jul 16 19:27:44 EDT 2015

Please post/forward as appropriate and excuse any unavoidable
cross-postingsĀŠ

The Center for Technology, Society & Policy is a new multidisciplinary
center located within the School of Information
<http://www.ischool.berkeley.edu/>  at UC Berkeley.

http://news.berkeley.edu/2015/07/15/center-for-technology-society-and-policy
-promotes-graduate-student-and-postdoc-involvement/

The center will promote advancements
<http://news.berkeley.edu/2015/07/15/center-for-technology-society-and-polic
y-promotes-graduate-student-and-postdoc-involvement/>  in four focus areas:
engineering ethics; technology and well-being; infrastructure, standards and
governance; and digital citizenship. We will accept proposals for short-term
collaborative projects in the fall, and hope to draw on the expertise of
graduate students, postdocs, faculty and the community.

Our website is currently under development. To receive announcements,
including those related to funding and events, please subscribe to our email
list. If you have questions or ideas, feel free to reach out
<mailto:ctsp at berkeley.edu> .

http://ctsp.berkeley.edu/