[bestbits] [RedLatAm] WhatsApp Blockage in Brazil - what do we know

rysiek rysiek at hackerspace.pl
Sat Dec 26 17:03:06 EST 2015

Dnia czwartek, 17 grudnia 2015 15:29:39 Robert Guerra pisze:
> Personally I would recommend Signal over Telegram. It has far better
> security than Telegram…
>
> it’s available for Android and iOS - https://whispersystems.org/

Again, centralized protocol:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_%28software%29#Servers

Can we please make note of how WhatsApp block was *possible* due to the
centralized nature of the protocol and start moving towards decentralization?

I mean, how is it possible that the very reason Internet exists -- finding a
solution to the problem of "what happens when something takes down a central
routing point" -- is the one thing we completely ignore in those discussions?

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Zmieniam klucz GPG :: http://rys.io/pl/147