[bestbits] New blog: Toward WSIS 3.0 - Adopting Next-Gen Governance Solutions for the Information Society

Lea Kaspar lea at gp-digital.org
Wed Dec 23 00:09:54 EST 2015

Dear all,
*[apologies for cross-posting]*

I hope this email finds you well!

In case of interest to this group - we have recently published a blog post
on the WSIS+10 and its outcome. The article can be found here:
http://bit.ly/1JoS5Rn

In the piece, co-authored by myself and Stefaan Verhulst from GovLab, we
look at the WSIS event and its outcome from the angle of governance
innovation. We argue that the outcome fails to leverage lessons from the
field of governance and policy innovation, which, if taken on board, could
contribute to making the WSIS more effective, open, and participatory. We
follow by giving concrete recommendations for how implementation efforts
could correct this.

We hope you enjoy it! Any feedback and comments are welcome.

In the meantime, best wishes and happy holidays to those of you who
celebrate! Looking forward to working with you all in 2016.

Best,

*Lea Kaspar*

Head of Programmes and International Policy | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL

Development House, 56–64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT

T: +44 (0)20 7549 0337 | M: +44 (0)7583 929216 | Skype: l.kaspar

gp-digital.org