[bestbits] Re Best Bits Steering Group

Shahzad Ahmad shahzad at bytesforall.pk
Wed Aug 5 07:52:20 EDT 2015

+1. Totally agreed.

And we believe that BB continue to be an important forum for information
sharing and should be strengthened further for joint strategy
development on different IG issues. It may also focus more on how to
facilitate result oriented, stronger interactions between North-South
and South-South. 

best wishes

On 8/5/15 3:00 PM, Andrew Puddephatt wrote:
> Dear Colleagues
> As you will know the current Steering Group (SG) is due to step down in
> the next month.  Elections were called with Ian Peter as returning
> officer.  However there were insufficient nominations to necessitate an
> election and the SG discussed what to do in the light of this.  After
> considerable discussion we agreed that we would communicate the following
> to the BB list:
> -       Following the elections in July, there were insufficient candidates
> to fill all the places on the current steering group and ensure an election;
> -       The SG wishes to understand more accurately what users feel about
> BB, and what they would like from it, if anything (e.g. whether it has
> value for information sharing and/or common messaging and joint actions,
> and other purpose or is defunct);
> -       Consequently the SG will conduct an anonymised stocktaking survey
> of the current BB list to understand what value users ascribe to BB and
> whether or how they would like it develop in order to shape a discussion at
> a face-to-face meeting before the IGF on the future of BB;
> -       The SG will also explore what users find to be incentives and
> disincentives to participating in discussions and activity.
> We propose that the current Steering Group stays in place for the time
> being, and focuses on conducting the survey and organising a session at a
> BB meeting in Brazil during the IGF to consider the way forward including
> what organisational arrangements best suit the needs of the users. This
> will ensure that any decision about the future of Best Bits can be taken at
> the meeting in Brazil, collectively by users, rather than by the interim SG
> alone.
> You will shortly be receiving a survey and we would encourage you to fill
> it in and give us feedback.
> Best wishes
> *Andrew Puddephatt*
> Executive Director | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
> Development House, 56–64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT
> T: +44 (0)20 7549 0336 | Skype: andrewpuddephatt
> gp-digital.org
> ____________________________________________________________
> You received this message as a subscriber on the list:
>      bestbits at lists.bestbits.net.
> To unsubscribe or change your settings, visit:
>      http://lists.bestbits.net/wws/info/bestbits

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.igcaucus.org/pipermail/bestbits/attachments/20150805/3fc44185/attachment.htm>

More information about the Bestbits mailing list