[bestbits] Council of Europe multi-stakeholder consultations on Internet freedom

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Tue Apr 14 17:56:34 EDT 2015

On 14/04/2015 1:44 am, Carolina Rossini wrote:
> The Council of Europe is working on a draft recommendation by the
> Committee of Ministers to its member states on Internet freedom
> (attached). The draft is currently being elaborated by a committee of
> experts operating  under the authority of the Council of Europe’s
> Steering Committee on Media and Information Society.
>
> As part of its multi-stakeholder outreach and dialogue, the Council of
> Europe would like your feedback, comments and suggestions on the draft
> recommendation to be sent to us, at the latest by *_30 April 2015_*,
> by E-mail to Marta.WIELOCH at coe.int <mailto:Marta.WIELOCH at coe.int> .

It has been a while since we collaborated on a joint submission through
Best Bits.  Is there a group interested in writing something together
and presenting it for submission jointly?  In any case I would be
writing an EFF submission referencing the Manila Principles on
Intermediary Liability.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2014/10/09/key_jmalcolm.txt
PGP fingerprint: FF13 C2E9 F9C3 DF54 7C4F EAC1 F675 AAE2 D2AB 2220
OTR fingerprint: 26EE FD85 3740 8228 9460 49A8 536F BCD2 536F A5BD

Learn how to encrypt your email with the Email Self Defense guide:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en