[bestbits] Council of Europe multi-stakeholder consultations on Internet freedom

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Wed Apr 29 18:56:56 EDT 2015

On Apr 27, 2015, at 11:59 AM, Jeremy Malcolm <jmalcolm at eff.org <mailto:jmalcolm at eff.org>> wrote:

> This thread was taken off list and the following draft text has been developed:
>
> http://pad.bestbits.net/coe-internet-freedom <http://pad.bestbits.net/coe-internet-freedom>
>
> If anyone else has some comments they would like to contribute, please do so on the pad or by adding to this thread.  We will then close the text on Wednesday as it then stands and invite those who agree with it to endorse it.  I apologize for the short timeframe, which is my own fault for not pushing the process along more quickly.
>
> Thanks to those who contributed so far, and in anticipation of any other contributions.

The statement is now open for endorsement, incorporating one further suggested amendment received since my last message (stating that paragraph I-7 in the draft on digital literacy is too narrow by only talking about “access” to cultural/educational etc resources, whereas Article 27 of the UDHR emphasizes both access and USE).  It will be submitted tomorrow under the names of those who have signed on by then. Additional endorsements after tomorrow are still welcome even if after tomorrow, because the submission to the CoE will refer back to the page below where the most up to date list of endorsers will be found.

https://bestbits.net/coe-internet-freedom-recommendation <https://bestbits.net/coe-internet-freedom-recommendation>

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2014/10/09/key_jmalcolm.txt <https://www.eff.org/files/2014/10/09/key_jmalcolm.txt>

PGP fingerprint: FF13 C2E9 F9C3 DF54 7C4F EAC1 F675 AAE2 D2AB 2220
OTR fingerprint: 26EE FD85 3740 8228 9460 49A8 536F BCD2 536F A5BD

Learn how to encrypt your email with the Email Self Defense guide:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en <https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en>