[bestbits] Council of Europe multi-stakeholder consultations on Internet freedom

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Mon Apr 27 14:59:09 EDT 2015

On 14/04/2015 2:56 pm, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
> On 14/04/2015 1:44 am, Carolina Rossini wrote:
>> The Council of Europe is working on a draft recommendation by the
>> Committee of Ministers to its member states on Internet freedom
>> (attached). The draft is currently being elaborated by a committee of
>> experts operating  under the authority of the Council of Europe’s
>> Steering Committee on Media and Information Society.
>>
>> As part of its multi-stakeholder outreach and dialogue, the Council
>> of Europe would like your feedback, comments and suggestions on the
>> draft recommendation to be sent to us, at the latest by *_30 April
>> 2015_*,  by E-mail to Marta.WIELOCH at coe.int
>> <mailto:Marta.WIELOCH at coe.int> .
>>

> It has been a while since we collaborated on a joint submission
> through Best Bits.  Is there a group interested in writing something
> together and presenting it for submission jointly?  In any case I
> would be writing an EFF submission referencing the Manila Principles
> on Intermediary Liability.

This thread was taken off list and the following draft text has been
developed:

http://pad.bestbits.net/coe-internet-freedom

If anyone else has some comments they would like to contribute, please
do so on the pad or by adding to this thread.  We will then close the
text on Wednesday as it then stands and invite those who agree with it
to endorse it.  I apologize for the short timeframe, which is my own
fault for not pushing the process along more quickly.

Thanks to those who contributed so far, and in anticipation of any other
contributions.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2014/10/09/key_jmalcolm.txt
PGP fingerprint: FF13 C2E9 F9C3 DF54 7C4F EAC1 F675 AAE2 D2AB 2220
OTR fingerprint: 26EE FD85 3740 8228 9460 49A8 536F BCD2 536F A5BD

Learn how to encrypt your email with the Email Self Defense guide:
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en