[bestbits] draft Best Bits statement on UGF 2014

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Wed Sep 3 01:44:21 EDT 2014

On Sep 3, 2014, at 9:34 AM, Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wzb.eu> wrote:

> we see positive responses for the statement # 1 from various organizations including governments. There are chances that, more or less by accident, we produce an outcome at this year's IGF that has been co-authored by two civil society individuals. There has been very little feedback from civil society so far.
>
> It would be good if the groups in favor of making the IGF more outcome orientied would have a look at the statement and let us know by tomorrow if they are able to endorse it or not.
>
> As I said yesterday, we will do minor changes later today but the basic content is stable by now.

Once those minor changes are done, it has been suggested it be posted to the Best Bits site for endorsement along with statement #3 - not to detract from the fact that #1 will be a multi-stakeholder statement which has a different status to a Best Bits network statement, but rather so that there is an easy way for us to express our individual endorsement with it.

If this meets with your approval Jeannette, please let me know when the minor changes are done.  (Meanwhile I'm also checking on this with the steering committee.)

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org