[bestbits] [governance] VIDEO: Internet Governance Forum Support Association inaugural assembly in Istanbul #igfsa @internetSociety #igf2014

Subi Chaturvedi subi.igp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 11:28:07 EDT 2014

Dear all,
Thanks Joly for sharing. And many congratulations to the global IG
community. Please find attached the link to the news release regarding the
launch of the #IGFSA shared by Markus Kummer.

http://www.internetsociety.org/news/new-association-launched-support-internet-governance-forum-and-its-essential-role-addressing

Do please share it amongst your community and stakeholder groups.
The Internet Governance Support Association is here, please spread the word.

Individual memberships 25 usd
Moral entities read groups companies bodies 100 USD (annual)

Some key Priorities:
1. Enable small and medium contributions for the IGF.
2. Facilitating new and diverse participants at the IGF ( we recognise only
too well a strong need especially for developing countries and emerging
economies CS participants.
3. Strengthening the IGF Secretariat. They do a great job work really hard
and helping hands will make OUR IGF better and create value for all.

Call: Join, engage, support. Open up your hearts and loosen your purse
strings. Sign up and contribute.

Warmest

Subi Chaturvedi

On 1 Sep 2014 19:26, "Joly MacFie" <joly at punkcast.com> wrote:

> The IGF itself operates nominally under the auspices of the UN, which has
thus far renewed it's mandate in 5 yearly basis since the IGF was initiated
in Tunis in 2004. The UN pursestrings, which support the IGF Secretariat,
are  relatively tight, and there is always the threat of non-renewal. As a
pillar of the multistakeholder Internet Governance process the IGF has
become indispensable, thus the Internet Society has taken the initiative,
and kicked in some cash, to set up an independent and permanent support
organization. Under Swiss law a general assembly is required to elect
officers, and set membership criteria, and that is what we have here.
Annual dues for individuals are to be $25, and 'legal entities' $100
(minimum). ISOC-NY's Avri Doria was elected to the Executive Committee as a
civil society representative. There is a mailing list.

> joly posted: "The Internet Governance Forum Support Association (IGFSA)
has the purpose to provide stable and sustainable support for the Internet
Governance Forum (IGF) Secretariat and to fund related activities. The
IGFSA was launched on 1st September 2014 at the IGF"

> The Internet Governance Forum Support Association (IGFSA) has the purpose
to provide stable and sustainable support for the Internet Governance Forum
(IGF) Secretariat and to fund related activities. The IGFSA was launched on
1st September 2014 at the IGF Meeting in Istanbul. Video is below.

http://www.global.asc.upenn.edu/app/uploads/2014/08/BeyondNETmundial_FINAL.pdf