[bestbits] IMPORTANT: World Economic Forum and The-Initiative-Formerly-Known-As-NETmundial

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Sep 4 16:43:37 EDT 2014

On Thu, 04 Sep 2014 12:02:42 +0200
Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wzb.eu> wrote:

> A second point, if the opposition of one member of the the CSCG would
> be enough for the SCSG to do its work, this would lend a very strong
> veto power to single members. In that case we would need a discussion
> of which groups and political positions we want to see represented on
> the SCSG.

So far CSCG's internal processes have worked reasonably well on the
basis of consensus-based decision-making, by which I mean that not
only will a proposed decision only become a decision in the absence of
objections, but also that everyone works together constructively
towards reaching consensus, i.e. there is an implied social contract of
not abusing the possibility of objecting.

Greetings,
Norbert
JNC co-convenor and JNC's representative in CSCG.