[bestbits] Fwd: Webinar: Whom do I contact if I want to raise my IG concern?

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 10:15:00 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stephanie Borg Psaila <stephaniep at diplomacy.edu>
Date: Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 6:08 AM
Subject: Webinar: Whom do I contact if I want to raise my IG concern?
To: igcbp at diplomacy.edu

Dear friends,

You may have heard that Diplo and the Geneva Internet Platform are
organising an international conference in November: the Geneva Internet
Conference
<http://giplatform.org/events/geneva-internet-conference-internet-governance-crossroads>.

The preparatory process is very important, as discussions on key themes
addressed by the conference are already taking place. Please join us next
Monday 6th October at 11h GMT, for the second theme: *Whom do I contact if
I want to raise my IG concern? *Discussions will then continue on the
discussion platform.

The first theme addressed 'How to overcome IG policy silos on national and
global levels'; you can join the ongoing discussions here
<http://gip.diplomacy.edu/forum/how-overcome-ig-policy-silos-global-and-national-levels>.
The third theme will address 'Evidence and measurement in IG: What sort of
data and numbers are we talking about?'. More details below or at
http://giplatform.org/events/geneva-internet-conference-internet-governance-crossroads

Hope to e-see you on Monday,
Stephanie

<http://GIPlatform.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=5fcf96095a&e=e702958673>

Dear colleagues,

In our preparations for the Geneva Internet Conference, we organised the
first preparatory webinar on ‘*How to overcome IG policy silos on national
and global levels*’. The recording and digest are available at this link
<http://GIPlatform.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=54ed6c4898&e=e702958673>.
Stay engaged in our online discussion.

Take data protection and privacy as an example. In Geneva alone, within a
distance of 2 kilometres, this issue is discussed in a number of
international organisations and forums from a number of angles: the Human
Rights Council (had its historical first session on online privacy), the
WTO (digital economy aspects), the ISO (standards), the ITU
(telecommunications policies), WIPO (intellectual property rights). And
they’re discussed without these organisations necessarily talking to each
other.

Discussion on such a comprehensi topic is often kept inside policy silos.
And this is only one example. On every level of policy-making from global
to local we face the similar challenge of overcoming policy silos. Some of
the questions that we will cover in a discussion forum
<http://GIPlatform.us6.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=7a5cc41f6e&e=e702958673>
include: To what extent is it possible to overcome policy silos? What
practical approaches can be used to create IG policy coherence ‒ examples,
case studies, anecdotes?

Please share your views in the discussion forum
<http://GIPlatform.us6.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=6f77977cf9&e=e702958673>
and participate in our survey
<http://GIPlatform.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=a88c50102c&e=e702958673>to
map your experience. The online discussion builds on the first preparatory
webinar
<http://GIPlatform.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=2656f3d900&e=e702958673>
for the Geneva Internet Conference
<http://GIPlatform.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=d06568c50d&e=e702958673>
.

On Monday 6 October, our second conference theme will be discussed: *
<http://GIPlatform.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=2ace0a257c&e=e702958673>**Whom
do I contact if I want to raise my IG concern?* Looking forward to seeing
you online or in situ in Geneva.

Also on Monday 6 October, the Geneva Press Club,
<http://GIPlatform.us6.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=92de0e1bd7&e=e702958673>
in collaboration with la Mission Suisse, the Graduate Institute, UNIGE, the
United Nations Geneva Office, le Club diplomatique and le Collegium
International, would like to invite you to *Governance Monday: Switzerland
and cyber-surveillance*, on 6 October with: Luc Recordon, Advocate,
Conseiller aux Etats, Member of the Commission de la politique de sécurité
(CPS); Richard Hill, The Internet Society Switzerland; and Diplo's Tereza
Horejsova. More information at this link
<http://GIPlatform.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=5e26cfa595&e=e702958673>
.

And the day after - on 7 October, do not miss the opportunity to get your
regular monthly update in the *Geneva webinar briefing on IG*. More
information and registration at this link
<http://GIPlatform.us6.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=7f5a791117&e=e702958673>
.

With kind regards,
Tereza
         Follow us on Twitter
<http://GIPlatform.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=91f3b4941b&e=e702958673>
| Forward to a friend
<http://us6.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=1c645cd4db&e=e702958673>

You're receiving this email because you expressed an interest in Geneva
Internet Platform.
 [image: DiploFoundation]
<http://GIPlatform.us6.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&id=2761221816&e=e702958673>

 [image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=4fd1ca1d5793b4d797ce48eb0&afl=1>

email to igcbp+unsubscribe at diplomacy.edu.

*Carolina Rossini *
*Vice President, International Policy*