[bestbits] *** SPAM ***Re: [governance] Re: [IRPCoalition] Time-sensitive: 24 hour sign on period for ITU Plenipot joint recommendations

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Oct 24 17:17:34 EDT 2014

On 24-Oct-14 16:15, Jean-Christophe NOTHIAS I The Global Journal wrote:
> I think that Avri's definition remains Avri's idealistic view of a digital Wonderland that she is by the same token contributing to keep at bay from any form of democratic thinking with such non sense (no offense Avri!):

No offense taken.  We see the world and the functioning of institutions
differently.  I can live with that.  I do not  believe my descriptions
are idealistic, I believe I am describing what I see and the environment
I work within.  What I think is not only normative, it is descriptive.
As with representative democracy, in the places in which some model
exists, participatory democracy is not a perfected thing. I agree is is
something we strive to make better, and in the trenches of these
institutions we keep striving to improve it.

I do find it ironic that during a period when we are striving to find a
way to allow the US government to finally give up its solitary position
guarding the stability of the Internet, we are still being accused of
supporting their continued position.

avri