[bestbits] [governance] Re: NMI and the Brazilian CGI.br

Carlos Afonso ca at cafonso.ca
Sun Nov 23 05:15:51 EST 2014

Grande Louis, yes, nobody is perfect :) At the end of WSIS Brazilian
positions were tainted by the government's effort to elect the Brazilian
candidate to the ITU secretary general post. This resulted in the
Brazilian involvement with the unfortunate "like-minded countries" idea.
But please remember that we are talking about CGI.br, not the Brazilian
government.

Regarding the complaint mentioning difficulties in contacting
NETmundial's BR chair, this is the first time I read such a thing. As a
former member of NETmundial's executive committee, I would appreciate
more specific information on this.

Finally, at least JNC does not think that "WEF/ICANN" is a "nebulous
gobbledygook", as they claim to know perfectly well that this a devilish
concoction for the "corporate takeover of the Internet".

fraternal regards

--c.a.