[bestbits] Principles (warning - long)

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Sat Nov 1 08:18:39 EDT 2014

On 1 Nov 2014, at 7:35 pm, Jean-Christophe NOTHIAS I The Global Journal <jc.nothias at theglobaljournal.net> wrote:

> Enjoy your week-end David.
>
> This morning, under a beautiful sun I did my "marché" to pick up a few fresh veggies and fruits. Now going into my cooking time for the upcoming week
> - Cheesecake à ma façon (more New Yorker than Geneva-style)
> - Ratatouille with love
> - Soupe de potiron à la Bocuse (Lyon isn't far away).

	Sounds delicious. As my wife is away, I had a simply meal for one of salmon and vegetables.

> Then, I'll be hunting fox up in the surrounding mountains with my son Ernie.

	Not my thing.

> Will breath and think of why Democracy is still my best bet. And why I cherish it so deeply whoever are its good and bad representatives. "First of all, Democracy must endure". From SF, to Delhi and Kobane, all public major concern are best served by trust you confer to others in order to counter the invisible (if not natural) hands of the powerfuls and giants.

	I would hope all of us cherish democracy - where we differ is I don't see democracy, broadly considered, as in conflict with multi-stakeholderism.
	And I do feel strongly that countering the hands of the powerful and giants is much easier if they let you in the room.

> That is part of the democratic game and constant fragile challenge. IG needs a lot of rebalancing I would say when it comes to its public policy concerns. And JNC is a courageous voice that we are lucky to have around the table in order to shake the asymmetric MS house.

	I certainly agree that it is good to have the debate at the level of principles.
	Regards

		David