[bestbits] Re: [governance] Quick update on WGEC meeting day 1

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu May 1 14:26:30 EDT 2014

Hello Jean,

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 7:10 PM, Jean-Christophe NOTHIAS I The Global
Journal <jc.nothias at theglobaljournal.net> wrote:

> Thanks Stephanie,
>
> I suggested to launch a dialogue, presumably knowing that there are a few
> stakeholders out here. I suggested to have a CS conversation indeed so to
> see if any CS common ground exists -  I am not convinced this cannot be
> achieved, as I do not see a true CS conversation going on, with so many
> interferences polluting the CS floor. Having a larger ground from the CS
> would increase its ability to influence other parties, whether the private
> sector or the governments. In my opinion this conversation is mostly needed
> among the CS (out of the I*, the 5 eyes, and governments). Shining a light
> of the different visions of a full eco-system seems to be a good and
> potentially fruitful perspective. So are you saying that it cannot be a CS
> dialogue, without embedding all other parties - what you call stakeholders.
>
> I thought you said you wanted an open dialogue? unless you want to
introduce a membership process for CS then i did say the CS by nature is
open and already inter-related with the I*, the 5 eyes, and governments so
we should take advantage of that profile to make a difference. If CSMundial
will help achieve a further collaboration between the existing stakeholder
and not further make CS distant itself then i rest my case. All i call for
is to be strategic in all these.

Am I understanding you correctly? No CS dialogue because it contradicts the
> multistakeholder model? Waiting for Seun reaction and comments as you know
> have very different understanding of what Seun wrote.

I thought i had replied? Unless it wasn't enough; please let me know what
part needs further clarification

Kind Regards!

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*