[bestbits] Fwd: [gvadvocacy] Digital Security Guide for Sub-Saharan Africa Environmental Activists

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Thu May 22 09:53:49 EDT 2014

Maybe folks here can help Samuel.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Samuel Maina <swmaina at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, May 22, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Subject: [gvadvocacy] Digital Security Guide for Sub-Saharan Africa
Environmental Activists
To: gvadvocacy at lists.riseup.net

Dear friends,

I am developing a digital security guide for environmental and natural
resource transparency activists in Sub-Saharan Africa under contract from
Tactical Tech http://tacticaltech.org . To gather information that I will
need to shape this guide, I am conducting a survey of environmental and
resource activists in these parts.

The overall goal is to contextualize Tactical Tech's invaluable tool -
Security-in-a-Box - for the environmental and resource community in this
region. The production of the guide will be followed by outreach and
possibly training workshops.

I am requesting that you help identify some activists that I can interview
or send questionnaires to for this purpose. It is important not to spread
this request to insecure lists for obvious reasons. You can, however, send
it directly to trusted individuals that you think would help and ask them
to contact me.

I will happily respond to your questions individually should you need
clarification.

Thank you,
Sam

*Samuel Maina*