[bestbits] Re: [governance] EU rejects international solution to library and archive copyright problems; causes collapse of WIPO meeting

Deborah Brown deborah at accessnow.org
Thu May 8 10:36:04 EDT 2014

Dear Stuart, all,

Thanks very much for this update and very sorry to hear this news.

Just to add to Anriette's last point about the HRC, the UN Special
Rapporteur on Cultural Rights has identified "the impact of intellectual
property regimes on the enjoyment of right to science and culture" as her
issue of focus this year. She is conducting a public consultation in June,
more info here<http://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/CulturalRights/Pages/impactofintellectualproperty.aspx>and
attached.

All the best,
Deborah