[bestbits] Input on IGF 2014 format and main sessions

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Tue Mar 18 09:53:28 EDT 2014

A single-paragraph answer based on http://bestbits.net/igf-2014-submission: yes there should be at least one main session (or focus session, the nomenclature doesn't matter), but we should try using it to reach rough consensus on high-level outputs/recommendations on policy questions.  They should be held in slots without any parallel workshops, to encourage the broadest cross-section of the IGF community to attend them - preferably towards the end of the IGF, following preparatory feeder workshops and/or roundtables.  A more deliberative working method is required for such a main session, for example as described at http://bestbits.net/igf-opinions/.  It would make sense to dedicate the main session to discussing implementation of the recommendations from NETmundial 2014.

--
Jeremy Malcolm PhD LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet lawyer, ICT policy advocate, geek

WARNING: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly recommended to enable encryption at your end. For instructions, see http://jere.my/l/pgp.