[governance] [bestbits] RSVP - discussion of governance mechanisms (was Re: substantive proposals for Brazil summit - IG)

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Mar 5 02:43:38 EST 2014

Hi,

The idea that Davos is a good example of multistakeholder process is, in
my opinion a straw dog argument.  When most of us talk about
multistakeholder, we do not talk about just a special handful of polite
CS invitees, but an open door for multistakeholder actors.  Davos, again
in my opinion, has nothing to do with multistakeholder policy making
except for those who want to continue to use their influence within
their own governments to the exclusion of others.

avri