[bestbits] Internet Technical Leaders Welcome IANA Globalization Progress

Techno CAT mars.techno.cat at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 18:57:53 EDT 2014

...does anyone think these people just fell into the same Gravy
Boat...by chance?

http://www.nro.net/news/internet-technical-leaders-welcome-iana-globalization-progress

Internet Technical Leaders Welcome IANA Globalization Progress

The leaders of the Internet technical organizations responsible for
coordination of the Internet infrastructure (IETF, IAB, RIRs, ccTLD
ROs, ICANN, ISOC, and W3C), welcome the US Government's announcement
of the suggested changes related to the IANA functions contract.

The roles on policy development processes of the Internet technical
organizations and ICANN's role as administrator of the IANA functions,
remain unchanged.

The transition of the US Government stewardship has been envisaged
since the early days of IANA functions contract. This transition is
now feasible due to the maturity of the Internet technical
organizations involved in performing their respective roles related to
the IANA functions, and ICANN will facilitate a global,
multi-stakeholder process to plan for the transition.

The strength and stability of the IANA functions within the above
organizations (which make up the Internet technical community) are
critical to the operation of the Internet. The processes around the
IANA functions have always been carefully specified in the communities
that our organizations represent. The IANA functions are faithfully
administered by ICANN. We are committed to continuing our proven,
community-driven processes as we engage in this transition. Our
communities are already considering proposals to progress the
transition.

Our organizations are committed to open and transparent
multi-stakeholder processes. We are also committed to further
strengthening our processes and agreements related to the IANA
functions, and to building on the existing organizations and their
roles. The Internet technical community is strong enough to continue
its role, while assuming the stewardship function as it transitions
from the US Government.

Participating Leaders

Adiel A. Akplogan, CEO African Network Information Center (AFRINIC)
Barrack Otieno, Manager, The African Top Level Domains Organization (AFTLD)
Paul Wilson, Director General Asia-Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC)
Don Hollander, General Manager Asia Pacific Top Level Domain Association (APTLD)
John Curran, CEO American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN)
Peter Van Roste, General Manager, Council for European National Top
Level Domain Registries (CENTR)
Russ Housley, Chair Internet Architecture Board (IAB)
Fadi Chehadé, President and CEO Internet Corporation for Assigned
Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Jari Arkko, Chair Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)
Kathy Brown, President and CEO Internet Society (ISOC)
Raúl Echeberría, CEO Latin America and Caribbean Internet Addresses
Registry (LACNIC)
Carolina Aguerre, General Manager, Latin American and Caribbean TLD
Association (LACTLD)
Axel Pawlik, Managing Director Réseaux IP Européens Network
Coordination Centre (RIPE NCC)
Jeff Jaffe, CEO World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)

--
3DNB - Real Banking for Your VIRTUAL Worlds
http://3DNB.COM

@Techno_CAT_r
http://Twitter.com/Techno_CAT_r