EXPLANATION ON PROCESS Re: [bestbits] Shortlists for Brazil for further consideration

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Wed Jan 8 17:14:23 EST 2014

Having exposed this by mistake, for which  I am very embarrassed, I do need to perhaps explain the context -

The selection committee has four voting members – I am not one of them. The process that lead to the numbers below was that each voting member was asked to provide a list of  4-6 names against each committee they would rank most highly from the 30 odd names submitted. One member provided some alternatives against each other, which led to the rather arbitrary allocation by me of a .5 of a vote.

The purpose here was purely to get a shortlist – to narrow the range of candidates so that we could consider further in more detail. The number of votes against names here does not in any way indicate a final decision or  final preference. Its just a list of names under consideration (and even then not a final one). We all realise there are questions of overall balance involved in determining a final slate but it is helfpul to have some knowledge of other people’s suggestions in doing so.

And any comments in the posting are mine and mine alone. They reflect my initial opinions only and not any other organisations or individuals involved. They were provided by me for consideration by others as some first thoughts (I have had some others since) and I take full responsibility.  No one else is to be blame or be held responsible for anything said in my comments.

Once again apologies for any embarrassment caused.

Ian Peter