[bestbits] Re: [discuss] [governance] Meeting in São Paulo on Friday, January 10th, is between the LOG and 1Net

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Jan 8 01:26:49 EST 2014

On Tuesday 07 January 2014 10:02 PM, Joana Varon wrote:
> Dear Glaser,
>
> Is it possible that at least those who were elected in the
> steering/coordination committee of 1net could also attend the next
> planning meetings?
>
> At least from CS, it has been a demand from some representatives in
> the various lists where Adiel's report was shared that at least
> representatives from international civil society should attend such
> meetings to report back to it's constituencies.
>
> As 1net has been pointed as a conduit by the LOG, and we are now
> trying to create some legitimacy for this network by electing it's
> representatives for the steering/coordination committee, I think that
> at least enabling elected representatives for 1net to attend and
> report back should be a way forward to start opening up the planing
> process while the Br committees are not formed yet.

Joana

Before you were sent to 1Net by some CS groups (for a task never too
clear to me) you were asked to be CS Liaison to the Brazilians to ensure
that CS has a direct relationship with them and our that relationship is
not mediated. I remember that at Bali your views were also quite strong
on this issue. Now you are slipping in an acceptance of the 1Net's
mediating role as fait accompli, and telling us that you are trying to
contribute to building legitimacy for 1Net..

I must admit, i remain thoroughly surprised by whatever is happening,
and in the closed manner that it is happening...

Hope that we can hear some words of clarification from you and others...

parminder