[bestbits] The Hague Institute for Global Justice - Call for experts on Cyber Governance

R. Bessems (The Hague Institute for Global Justice) r.bessems at TheHagueInstitute.org
Fri Jan 17 10:48:26 EST 2014

[http://thehagueinstituteforglobaljustice.org/images/logo_IGJ.gif]
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a researcher at The Hague Institute for Global Justice, based in the Netherlands. I am writing to you in order to introduce a new project launched by The Hague Institute.

The Global Governance Reform Initiative (GGRI) is the flagship project of The Hague Institute's Global Governance Program. Its primary goal is to analyze the deficiencies of the current international system and propose policies for improving global governance in select domains. The present focus of this project is on the global governance of cyberspace. The aim of this project is twofold:

*             To provide actionable policy recommendations for overcoming collective-action dilemmas that stymie governance efforts in the domain of cyberspace

*             To identify general lessons for good global governance

The project will achieve these aims by bringing together around 16 academics and professionals from four sectors (government, international organizations, civil society and the private sector) and a range of countries (including, but not limited to the BRICS, EU and North America)  to participate in a policy-oriented dialogue and collaborative research.

We are currently soliciting applications from academics and professionals who wish to participate in this project. Preference will be given to candidates  who have at least three  years of experience working on issues related to the governance of cyberspace.

I would be most grateful to you if you would circulate this call to any individuals you think may be interested. A detailed version of the call, including the application form, can be found on our website<http://thehagueinstituteforglobaljustice.org/index.php?page=News-News_Articles-Recent_News-Call_for_Experts:__The_Global_Governance_of_Cyberspace&pid=138&id=161>.

Thanks very much for your consideration and please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Kind regards,

Raoul Bessems

--
Raoul M.L.T. Bessems LL.M.
Global Governance Program

E: r.bessems at thehagueinstitute.org<mailto:r.bessems at thehagueinstitute.org>
T: +31 (0)70 30 28 902
T: +31 (0)6 21 54 51 60 (Cell)

The Hague Institute for Global Justice is an independent, nonpartisan organization established to undertake interdisciplinary policy-relevant research, training, and facilitation activities on issues at the intersection of peace, security and justice. For more information, visit:  TheHagueInstitute.org<http://www.thehagueinstitute.org/> | Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/hagueinstitute> | Newsletter<http://thehagueinstituteforglobaljustice.org/index.php?page=Contact-Newsletter&pid=135>