[bestbits] Nominations for the High Level Committee

Guru गुरु Guru at ITforChange.net
Tue Jan 7 06:05:36 EST 2014

Hi Ian/ all,

I will like to nominate Roberto Savio, Roberto Bissio  and Sean O
Siochru to be considered by the CS coordination committee for the High
Level Committee for the Brazil meeting.

Roberto Savio cv is available here
<http://www.ips.org/institutional/our-global-structure/biographies/roberto-savio/>

Roberto Bissio cv is available here
<http://www.eurostep.org/wcm/biographies/37-roberto-bissio.html> ( with
some more information on his work here
<http://www.socialwatch.org/taxonomy/term/542>)

Sean O Siochru  cv is available here
<http://www.nexus.ie/index.php?page=sean-o-siochru>

Roberto Savio is one the foremost and senior-most global civil society
activist in the area of communication and closely associated with the
World Social Forum.

Roberto Bissio is one of the foremost and senior-most  global civil
society activist in the area of development policy, and closely
associated with all the UN processes on development, including the MDG
plus 15 process. He also coordinates the secretariat of Social Watch, an
international network of citizen organizations from around the world
that report every year on how governments and international
organizations implement their commitments on poverty eradication and
gender equity.

Sean O Siochru spear-headed the Communications Rights in the Information
Society or CRIS movement, which was very prominent civil society
movement during the WSIS. He is a well known communication rights
activists and has worked on may development projects.

I have taken their consent for this nomination.

Thanks, and let me know if anything else is needed from my side.

regards
Guru

--

Gurumurthy Kasinathan