[bestbits] Re: [governance] CS Representation on Brazil Committees

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Jan 15 00:34:20 EST 2014

Congrats and best wishes to all selected nominees.

I am especially happy to see Louis Pouzin in the HLC.

Whereas there are other good nominees as well, it is disappointing that
a civil society slate is so dis-balanced between developed and
developing country participation, 4 to 1. Civil processes used to be
meticulous in this regard and would rather err on the side of more
developing country nominees..

A connected point, I do not think that the proposed criterion of having
a work background in, and linkages to, interests/ issues related to
marginalised groups got applied. I am happy to hear committee chair's
comment in this regard. Was this criterion applied, and if so, how. Thanks.

This term 'marginalised groups' seems to have become kind of esoteric in
this space, which is rather problematic. Isnt civil society supposed to
be mostly about such issues and interests.

parminder