[bestbits] To 1Net or Not to 1Net, let's be clear on the question

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 09:38:03 EST 2014

Following this below and in recognition of this unanticipated significantly expanded role of Inet with respect to the Brazil meeting, the Community Informatics network (CIN) reserves the right to present itself for participation on the Inet Steering Committee as part of the CS and Academic components and to further present candidates for those Civil Society and Academic Committees and activities where members of the CIN have particular expertise and knowledge to contribute.

The CIN is currently completing a full NomCom process. Reporting is expected immanently. However, based on these new developments the CIN reserves the right to adapt the output of these processes to respond to these new opportunities for effective participation and contributions from the network and from within the context of the Community Informatics Declaration for an Internet for the Common Good.

Once our NomCom process is complete we will, in recognition of the revised role for Inet, look to realize the CIN's appropriate role within Inet's current and future activities as significant Civil Society and Academic stakeholder contributors.

Mike