[bestbits] substantive proposals for Brazil summit - IG

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 00:31:34 EST 2014

Anja,

One thing that I do know from my own work on the ground is that the only
power that the marginalized have comes through their solidarity and
organization
 Vague notions of “decentralization” are precisely what those
who wish to retain power present as solutions knowing full well that such
would lead to the dispersal of energy and limited resources by the poor and
marginalized. (As by the way the Less Developed Countries know full well and
recognize as a tactic by the Developed Countries to reduce LDC opportunities
for participation in decision making since they don’t have the resources to
track and participate in multiple venues and multiple processes).