[bestbits] Draft joint letter on deliberative democratic processes for the Brazil meeting

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Tue Feb 4 01:48:14 EST 2014

On 31/01/14 12:40, Anja Kovacs wrote:
> Thanks for this initiative, +1 from us. Please add the Internet
> Democracy Project to the signatories.
>
> The only small quibble I have is that the one reference to the IGF
> that is maintained (I read the conversation about this on the summit
> list) continues to read a little awkwardly. I've tried to reformulate
> it in a more positive way. Maybe an alternative for the first sentence
> of the second para could be the following?
>
> /As the Brazil meeting's organisers are free to experiment with such
> procedures, an important opportunity to achieve these objectives and
> to thus transcend the constraints of the IGF in particular, caused by
> its location within the UN system, now exists. /

Thanks, that's very helpful and I've incorporated that amendment now.

This statement is now online for endorsement.  Please add yours at:

http://bestbits.net/brazil-processes/

Thanks!

(This is the second of three sign-on statements that go live today.
Deborah will write about the third.)

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

*WCRD 2014 - Fix Our Phone Rights!* |
http://consint.info/fix-our-phone-rights

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org
<http://www.consumersinternational.org> |
www.facebook.com/consumersinternational
<http://www.facebook.com/consumersinternational>

Read our email confidentiality notice
<http://www.consumersinternational.org/email-confidentiality>. Don't
print this email unless necessary.

*WARNING*: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly
recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For
instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.