[bestbits] ICANN reform netmundial submission - sign on

Gabrielle Guillemin gabrielle at article19.org
Tue Feb 25 06:45:25 EST 2014

Hi all,

Jumping in the IG conversation but from a different angle. A19 has been working on an ICANN reform proposal alongside the various best bits working streams (special thanks to Matthew from CDT, Deborah from Access and GPD for their feedback). We've also reached out to the ICANN community and other experts in Internet Governance issues such as Bill Drake, Avri Doria and Milton Mueller. You can find the result of our efforts below:

*         The netmundial submission is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_Nk9HL6toh9ak9GV8zsmyDT2F1pDgzZmYAhX60jugCM/edit

*         There is a longer version here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DlpeMEikyi1wkF46NP9HjwC8EGFv1Sr1cJayUlZWAfg/edit  -

The intention is for these documents to contribute to the debate about ICANN reform which will no doubt be taking place beyond the Brazil meeting. Since the ICANN reform debate is moving fast, we would like to publish the documents in their current form and open the netmundial submission (above) for sign on by anyone who is interested in the issue and broadly supports the proposal, including members of the best bits and 1net lists.

We expect to review our position beyond the Brazil meeting depending on feedback we receive. In the meantime, if you would like to sign on, please let me know by 28 February 3.00 pm GMT. We are planning to post the netmundial submission on 1 March. If anything is unclear, please let me know.

Thanks very much for your support!

Best wishes,

Gabrielle