[bestbits] Stream 2 output on proposed principles submission for Brazil

Matthew Shears mshears at cdt.org
Fri Feb 21 09:33:06 EST 2014

Dear all,

Please see below the link to text on human rights focused governance
principles we have developed on the BestBits Stream 2 and Summit lists
for the Brazil NETmundial meeting.

Just as a reminder the proposed submission has two purposes: to insist
that human rights principles 1) frame Internet governance discussions,
deliberations and decision-making generally, and 2) underpin Internet
governance processes and participation mechanisms (thus reinforcing
similar points in the submission being drafted by the institutional
evolution Stream). It does so by highlighting two civil society
contributions that are specifically focused on human rights and the
Internet - the IRPC's Charter of Human Rights and Principles for the
Internet and APC's Internet Rights Charter.

The text is here: https://pad.riseup.net/p/IG_principles

Comments and suggestions welcome!  But by Feb 27 please, so we can
finalize the text for sign-on and submission.

Many thanks.

Matthew