[governance] Re: [bestbits] Agenda EMC meeting

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 10:31:51 EST 2014

Hello all,

The call has just ended. The official summary will be made public by the
Secretariat and we will forward it to the list. Below are some unofficial
remarks based on my own understanding. Adam and Carlos can add. Some of the
most important points discussed today encompassed:

- Deadline for substantive contributions will be postponed for *March 8*.
We can't stress enough, however, how important it is to receive
contributions *as soon as possible, please*. This will tremendously help
the secretariat with the summary and will help the subsequent work of the
EMC;
- Size of contributions: the number of characters will increase, especially
on the contribution about frameworks. Please refer to the website soon for
this update;
- Visa will be free for participants of the meeting, but they need to
present an invitation letter for that purpose;
-  Overall, registration for the Conference is still slow (353 people),
although Business and CS is going in a good pace. I think this is expected,
as stakeholders have different timings to engage. I would suggest that some
of us here that are mainly Academics register under the Academic sector;
- During the next days discussions of selection criteria will start. Again,
selection will only take place if needed. If you have suggestions of
criteria, please share;
- The organization of hubs around the world will be encouraged. Training
and online assistance will be offered to hub organizers;
- The first meeting of the HLC will take place on Monday 24. We will
receive updates about that later;
- The next meeting of the EMC is scheduled to March 7, but the date is
still TBC.

These were the main points. A complete and official summary will be
prepared by the Secretariat. Please, always consult the website for
official information.

Best wishes!
Marília