[bestbits] Fwd: Re: [At-Large] Results Available for 17 December 2014 New gTLD Program Auction

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 23:42:11 EST 2014

Hello parminder,

I happen to also be on the other list you referred but I am trying to
understand what you mean by ICANN violating public interest in this
context. Is the public interest the policy by which ICANN allocate names or
the community developed policy? Generally in the naming world (both cctld
and gTLD) there are reserved names (names recognised to be unique) and they
are usually reserved by the operator for 2 main reasons:
- To make more money
- To serve specific community.

Usually both of those goals may not be achieved for a particular string. So
.baby I presume was reserved on reason 1 and they did business. On a
lighter note though, what I wonder is how an organisation can be so dumb to
spend so much to get a domain but again business strategy can look dumb on
paper until implemented.

Cheers!

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.