[bestbits] NCUC workshops & Day 0 NM event at IGF

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 01:38:00 EDT 2014

Hi

Since folks are sharing….

The Noncommercial Users Constituency (NCUC) has organized two workshops:

WS185: ICANN Globalization and the Affirmation of Commitments
Wednesday, September 3 • 11:00am - 12:30pm
http://sched.co/1j2XqWB

WS153: Institutionalizing the “Clearing House” Function
Thursday, September 4 • 2:30pm - 4:00pm
http://sched.co/1mJ0A2M

and in collaboration with The Noncommercial Stakeholders Group (NCSG) another:

WS114: Developing Countries Participation in Global IG
Thursday, September 4 • 4:30pm - 6:00pm
http://sched.co/1mJ2JLU
(this is actually about developing countries in the GNSO, but a few people on the IGF MAG argued that the GNSO was “too narrow” a concern so the title was made broader)

And a number of groups have banded together to organize an all-day event on Day 0, NETmundial: Looking Back, Learning Lessons and Mapping the Road Ahead, in which context we’ll be releasing a 16-chapter e-‘book’ on NM Roadmap implementation that I put together for the Internet Policy Observatory (Annenberg School of Communication, University of Pennsylvania), called, Beyond NETmundial: The Roadmap for Institutional Improvements to the Global Internet Governance Ecosystem.  Many familiar authors from BB/IGC.

Monday, September 1, 9:00am - 6:30pm
http://sched.co/1r7K8s3

Best,

Bill