[bestbits] [governance] Opening cermony

Anja Kovacs anja at internetdemocracy.in
Fri Aug 22 09:10:41 EDT 2014

Dear Deirdre,

Many suggestions already, but may I propose that you link the concern for
human rights specifically to what is happening in Turkey? The Index on
Censorship article Chinmayi posted earlier today gives a good overview.
Seeing that it seems none of the workshops proposed by Turkish activists
were accepted for this year's IGF, I think it is important that we send out
a strong signal of solidarity and raise their concerns as often as we can.

And very happy to have you as our opening speaker!

Many thanks,

Dr. Anja Kovacs
The Internet Democracy Project

+91 9899028053 | @anjakovacs