[bestbits] Revised suggested agenda for Istanbul Best Bits meeting

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Fri Aug 15 16:56:35 EDT 2014

This month's Best Bits steering committee took place yesterday.  Due to
Skype connection problems (like many committees, we are still searching
for the ideal conferencing solution) we were not able to have a proper
meeting, so there are no resolutions to report.  However the committee
did work on the agenda for the meeting in Istanbul, which currently is
as shown below.  The outline is based on the results of the poll that
was sent around earlier in the month.

Your input is welcomed.  In particular anyone is welcome to put their
names forward to help moderate a session for the meeting, especially
those that don't have a name listed next to them already (but even those
that do).  All are also welcome to begin thinking about sessions they
might wish to present for 10 minutes during the "Policy slam" session
before lunch.

9:00 --- 9:15 Registration

9:15 --- 9:30 Welcome and introductions(moderation: Andrew)

9:30 --- 11:00 Highlights and tactics for IGF(moderation: Nnenna?)

  * Ministerial event

  * Renewal of IGF mandate

  * IGF evaluation report

  * NETmundial Alliance (moderation: Jeremy)

  * Civil society coordination group (moderation: Jeremy)

11:00 --- 12:30 Policy slam -- people have 10 min to present or discuss
something they find relevant (moderation: Carolina Rossini & Claudio
Ruiz)

  * ICANN (Jean-Jacques Sahel) 10 min

  * Preparing for ITU-Plenipot 10 min(Carol)

  * African draft Declaration of Internet rights and freedoms 10
    min(Deborah)

  * Latin American learning platform 10 min(Francisco Vera/Claudio)

  * Definition of multistakeholder 10 min(presentation of online
    discussion)(Jeremy)

  * + 4 open slots each 10 min

12:30 --- 14:00 *Lunch and networking break*

14:00 --- 15:30 Follow-up to WSIS+10 and tactics moving forward
(moderation: Deborah + Anja)

  * modalities

  * what we know about the process by then

  * what we know about the big substantive issues that will likely
    dominate the government agenda

  * what we can start doing even without knowing what the process will
    look like (some of us already have some ideas)

15:30 --- 17:00 Best Bits way forward

  * Recap of 2013 annual report

  * Working group on review of procedures

  * Staffing and funding

  * The way forward: Best Bits as multi-stakeholder Internet governance
    platform?

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst